Do not use just “any oil” in the Kenne Bell supercharger, buy Lucas Oil. It utilizes unique gears and seals that can be adversely affected by some oils. Therefore, Kenne Bell recommends using only the Kenne Bell factory supplied supercharger gear oil. We know better than anyone what oil blend works best in our superchargers and do not care to debate the issue with anyone.
We use a specially formulated blend of friction and anti foam modifiers based on Lucas Synthetic 50W Racing Oil with a blue die that colors the clear oil so it can be seen on the supercharger oil dipstick. The standard Lucas oil is so clear and pure that there is no color to the oil.
We use Lucas because we believe it to be the best oil available in the world. That does not imply that other oils are not perfectly adequate for engines or transmissions. Superchargers just require a dedicated oil.
For normal use, we recommend changing the supercharger oil every 12,000 miles. Severe use will require more frequent changes.
The standard bottle holds 8 ounces and – depending on the kit – the supercharger takes approximately 5 ounces.
- Blue color oil shows up on dipstick when checking level. Colorless oils do not.
- Specially formulated oil additive package with anti-wear extreme pressure and RPM lubricants are engineered to optimize Twin Screw performance and life.
- 8fl.oz – 237 ML plastic container with easy fill cap.
- Cap sealed in shipment. Remove seal before using.
- Off the shelf oils DO NOT contain the special anti-wear additive package found in the Kenne Bell Supercharger Oil.