Features and Benefits
- Formulated to meet the needs of the professional engine builder.
- Maximises power output by optimising the bedding in process.
- Provides full protection of highly stressed components whilst allowing optimum bedding in process for piston rings and bore.
- Additive technology enables full load runs for short bursts.
- The viscometrics selected ensure that even though the additive system performance is strong the pistons can achieve satisfactory boundary lubrication for bedding purposes.
A competition running in oil for test bed running up to 4 hours. Advanced formulation of high quality solvent refined mineral oils fortified with special low volatility components and appropriate additive treatment. Carefully formulated to offer an extremely high protection level to new engine components and speed up the bedding in process.
Ideally suited for test bed running.
RUNNING IN PROCEDURE & DISCLAIMER
Millers Oils Running In oil has been designed to last the full running in procedure. Do not use fully synthetic or semi synthetic oils before the process is fully completed as this can lead to bore glazing.
- When the engine has been built to a high standard, fill with running in oil to the maximum mark on the dipstick.
- Run the engine at peak torque for approximately 500 miles on the road or alternatively on a test bed/rolling road.
- Indication that the procedure has been completed includes:
- Compression ratio to manufacturer’s specification.
- Increased engine performance e.g. acceleration.
- Improved efficiency.
- Reduced oil consumption.
Although Millers Oils provides a general guide for the running in process, the onus lies with the engine builder to ensure that the correct procedure per engine is completed effectively.
For full details on performance profiles and specifications please refer to the
technical data sheet.